Highlights of What Senator Bassey Albert Akpan, senator representing Akwa Ibom North East Senatorial District said today, Monday, 23 October 2017 on AIT ‘s Matters Arising Programme :
– Akwa Ibom State government under Obong Godswill Akpabio spent well over N120billion on federal roads but yet to get full refund.
– Calls for adoption of Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the maintenance of federal roads and the unbundling of the federal government
– Non-politicization of toll on federal roads.
– Supports regional meetings of governors as an avenue to collate sentiments from the various sections of the country with a view to forming a national consensus.
– acknowledges the ingenuity of Governor Udom Emmanuel in partnering with governors of neighbouring states to improve roads infrastructure linking their states.