Conscious of the Supreme Authority of God over all mankind, be it resolved, and it is hereby resolved:
That conference wishes to express its sincere gratitude to the following: President General, Oron Union OU, *Bishop Etim Ante* (absent), *Dr. Mrs. Akon Etim Eyakenyi* (Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria); *Hon. Felicia Bassey* (Deputy Speaker AKHS); *Dr. Effiong Akwa* (Sole Administrator, NDDC & Chairman of Conference); *Chief Asuquo Inuikim* (Akpaha Oro & former PG Oron Union); *Justice Okon Abang* (Federal High Court Judge, Nigeria); *Mr. Ekanem Etim* (Director, Dangote Group of Companies), *Mrs Stella Kargbo* (President International Womens Wing OU), *Dr Okon Edeke* (President OU Ireland & UK), the Town Hall Moderator, *Mr. Nukak Nkereuwem*; *Mr. Ebung Umoh* (Lagos, Nigeria); and all our invitees, our members who attended in person and virtually, and those that donated to the conference; Chapter President of Atlanta, *Ms Precious Oyosoro Edet* and Chairman, Conference Planning Committee, *Dr. Kitefre Oboho* (Okete Okete Oro) for a job well done.
Following the outcome of the Town Hall Meeting titled *“Preparing Oro Youth For Specialized Skills in the 21st Century and Beyond”*
Conference further resolved that:
1. Oron Development Union USA Inc should embark on sustainable infrastructural projects such as Skill acquisition centers, IT Centers, Libraries etc that can help harness entrepreneurial minds amongst youths in Oro.
2. There should be an aggressive pursuit towards the development of skills set amongst our youths to prepare them for the global market.
3. There’s a need to identify talent and harness these talents amongst our young population.
4. Through public and private partnerships, organizations of Oro extraction such as ODU USA should embark on tangible projects that would help improve the quality of life in the community, rather than wait on Government to do it all.
5. ODU USA Inc is willing to partner with well-meaning Individuals and Government and/or her agencies to execute the ‘Citadel’ project.
In conclusion, the entire Oro Community in the United States re-affirms its incontrovertible support towards the development of Oro through sustainable infrastructure and educational enhancement.
*May God Bless Oro Nation!*
*May God Bless Akwa Ibom State!!*
*May God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!*
National President ODU USA
Inyang Ntekim Eyo
National Secretary ODU USA